Bokhour Law Group, PC protects employees’ rights to fair and accurate wages for all hours worked and ensures that workers are working in a safe environment under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act and California’s labor laws.
Wage and hour violations are prevalent and common in California. We represent employees all over California, and particularly in Los Angeles, Alameda, San Bernardino, Sacramento, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Riverside, Livermore, Orange County, San Diego. These violations can be willful or sometimes are the result of reckless or careless bookkeeping or accounting practices. We have the skill, reputation and experience to navigate the complexities presented by wage and hour cases in federal and state courts across California. We have successfully settled claims totaling over 20 million dollars on behalf of tens of thousands of employees.
Common wage and hour violations include:
- Unpaid wages
- Off-the-clock work
- Misclassification of employees as exempt from overtime
- Misclassification of workers as independent contractors rather than employees
- Improper compensation for all hours worked by non-exempt employees, including activities at the start and the end of the workday (such as donning and doffing personal protective equipment) and tasks performed away from the workplace
- Improper calculation of overtime
- Unpaid overtime
- Missed meal breaks
- Missed rest breaks
- Failure to pay for work performed during meal and rest periods
- Improper use of the fluctuating workweek method of payment
- Tip pooling
- Improper timekeeping and record-keeping procedures such as altering or changing timecards or time shaving
- Employer retaliation against employees for asserting their legal rights
Bokhour Law Group, P.C. is familiar with the types of wage and hour failure to pay minimum wage or overtime compensation violations like those described above and has the experience and resources necessary to investigate and wage and hour class action or collective action cases. Don’t let your unpaid wages go unaddressed. If you think your rights have been violated, contact Bokhour Law Group, P.C. today.